July 10, 2012

Yes, THAT Michael Grant

Over the last decade, among the many things revealed to me by the Internet is the truly astonishing number of Michael Grants out there. Go ahead, Google them. You will get 110,000,000 results. In the No. 1 slot this morning is a Michael Grant who has written popular books for young adults, including "Gone." He is themichaelgrant.com. Any time you see a "the" in the url, it means somebody else already had whatever "the" modifies, in this case michaelgrant.com. Of all the Michael Grants that show up in the 110,000,000 results, only one is michaelgrant.com, and that's me.
I have been off the air for a couple of years. Damn near three, actually. In that time, Google developed a new blogger dashboard which I am learning to use this morning. This new dashboard has a hits graph right in it, which is convenient. But for me it shows almost 40 hits for July 9, 2012, which I appreciate but probably don't deserve, when my last blog was posted in December, 2009.
Any hits from now on I intend to earn. I am a writer, too, and I have a few things to say, before it is too damn late.

No comments:

Post a Comment