October 12, 2012

Mittsmug!

For my insult to the Republican Presidential candidate today, I am introducing the insulting word "Mittsmug." The words, once you see them together, are actually impossible to separate.

I discovered the word while researching the definition of the word (verb or noun) "smirk." After the VP debate, Republicans talked a lot about Joe Biden smirking. I didn't think he was smirking at all. I thought I had better look it up.

Webster's Online defines "smirk" as, "To smile in an affected or smug manner." I thought Joe was showing way too many teeth to be smirking. It looked more like a condescending barroom grin, which said to the foe, "You are quite the malarkey bag, aren't you, you moron?"

I contend the master smirker in the debates has been Completely Wrong Mitt. He puts it on when anyone else within hearing distance is speaking, and it says, "Pretty soon this pitiful individual will be finished, and then we grown-ups can talk some more." For a delightfully comprehensive exhibition, go here. Millions of Americans have been looked at in this way by superior relatives across the Thanksgiving Dinner table.

The Mittsmirk is powered, as Webster's pointed out, by his ability – it must be God-given – "to smile in an affected or smug manner." Thus: Mittsmug!

Courtesy of The 47 Percent.

No comments:

Post a Comment